- HOW DO I...
- +APPLY FOR...
- +DISPOSE OF...
- +LEARN ABOUT...
- +PAY FOR...
- +REGISTER FOR...
- +RENT OR RESERVE
- +REPORT A...
- +REQUEST A...
- +START A BUSINESS
Finance & Risk Management
The Finance Department is responsible for the overall financial management of the City. This Department supplies support services to all other City departments, including accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashiering, purchasing, budgeting, and data processing. The City Treasurer and is responsible for the investment of approximately $35,000,000 of City funds.
To file a claim with the City, the City's Claim Form must be completed in its entirety and filed with the City Clerk's Office.
- Business Certificates
The Planning Department, Code Compliance and the Fire Prevention Division manage the policies, regulations and enforcement of Business Certificate requirements. The Finance Department issues annual Business Certificate renewal forms, collects fees, and takes in new Business Certificate applications to forward onto the regulatory departments for zoning, fire and code compliance review.
All businesses with a home address, business address or conducting business in Solana Beach are required to obtain a business certificate issued by the City of Solana Beach.
Please visit the City's Business Certificate page for more information and applications.
- Short Term Vacation Rental (STVR) & Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Information
Short Term Vacation Rentals (STVR)
The City has special regulations and a permit process for the rental of residential property for 7 to 30 consecutive days, regardless of building size, including multiple-family buildings, duplexes, and single-family residences. Short-term vacation rental (STVR) regulations, permit applications, and notices (signs) to post on and in your short-term vacation rental are available below.
Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT)
The Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) is a percentage of the rent charged to transient guests in hotels/motels, including properties rented through home sharing services like Airbnb.
Please visit the City's STVR & TOT page for more information and applications.
- Financial Reports
Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) by Fiscal Year.
- Solana Beach Redevelopment Agency (RDA) Basic Financial Statements (and Supplementary Schedules)
- Successor Agency Documents
- Fourth Amended Enforceable Obligation Payment Schedule (As of 02-22-12)
- Notice Regarding Transmittal of the Housing Fund Due Dilligence Review for the Successor Agency of the City of Solana Beach
- Successor Agency of the Former Solana Beach Redevelopment Agency: Due Dilligence Review of the Low and Moderate Income Housing Fund (DDR)
- Notice Regarding Transmittal of the Non - Housing (Other RDA) Funds Due Dilligence Review for the Successor Agency of the City of Solana Beach
- Successor Agency of the Former Solana Beach Redevelopment Agency: Due Dilligence Review of the Other RDA Funds (DDR
- Oversight Board Documents
- Resolution OB-2023-017
- Resolution OB-2022-017
- Resolution OB-2021-016
- Resolution OB-2020-023
- Resolution OB-2020-016
- Resolution OB-2019-016
- Resolution OBSA-001 Budget June 30, 2012
- Resolution OBSA-002 1st Recognized Obligation Schedule
- Resolution OBSA-003 Budget Dec 31, 2012
- Resolution OBSA-004 2nd Recognized Obligation Schedule
- Resolution OBSA-005 Agmt City & Successor
- Resolution OBSA-006 Legal Counsel
- Resolution OBSA-007 Meeting Schedule
- Resolution OBSA-008 2nd Loan Agreement
- Resolution OBSA-009 Budget June 30, 2013
- Resolution OBSA-010 3rd Recognized Obligation Schedule
- Resolution OBSA-011 Housing Fund Due Diligence Review
- Resolution OBSA-012 Due Diligence for Other Funds (non-housing)
- 10-01-12 OBSA Agenda and Staff Report for DDR Low Mod Public Comment
- 10-09-12 OBSA Agenda and Staff Report for DDR Low Mod Public Comment
- 12-13-12 OBSA Agenda and Staff Report for DDR Other RDA Funds Public Comment
- 01-10-13 OBSA Agenda and Staff Report for DDA Other Funds
- Resolution OBSA-013 (02-21-13) Admin Budget from 07-01-13 to 12-31-131
- Resolution OBSA-014 (02-21-13) 4th ROPS (13-14A) 07-01-13 to 12-31-13
- Solana Beach Form 13-14A (Approved)
- Resolution OBSA-015 (10-17-13) Housing Asset Transfers
- Resolution OBSA-016 (09-26-13) Public Improvement Agreement
- Resolution OBSA-017 (09-26-13) Admin Budget
- Resolution OBSA-018 (09-26-13) ROPS 13-14B
- Resolution OBSA-019 (12-12-13) Long-Range Property Managment Plan
- Resolution OBSA-020 (02-13-14) Admin Budget 07-01-14 to 12-31-14
- Resolution OBSA-021 (02-13-14) Solana Beach Form 13-14B 14-15A 07-01-14 to 12-31-14
- Resolution OBSA-022 (09-11-14) Public Improvement Agreement
- Resolution OBSA-023 (09/11/14) Admin Budget
- Resolution OBSA-024 (09-11-14) ROPS Jan-Jun 2015
- Resolution OBSA-025 (02-23-15) Admin Budget 07-01-15 to 12-31-15
- Resolution OBSA-026 (02-23-15) ROPS Jul-Dec 2015
- Resolution OBSA-027 (09-10-15) ROPS Jan-Jun 2016
- Resolution OBSA-028 (09-10-15) Admin Budget 01-01-16 to 06-30-16
- Resolution OBSA-029 (01-14-16) ROPS Jul-Jun 2017
- Resolution OBSA-030 (01-14-16) Admin Budget 07-01-16 to 06-30-17
- Resolution OBSA-031 (01-12-17) Admin Budget 07-01-17 to 06-30-18
- Resolution OBSA-032 (01-12-17) ROPS Jul-Jun 2018
- Resolution OBSA-033 (06-01-17) Series 2006 Tax Allocation Bonds Refunding
- Resolution OBSA-034 (06-01-17) Sucessor Agency and Del Rio Advisors LLC
- Resolution OBSA-035 (06-01-17) Placement Agent Services Brandis Tallman LLC
- Resolution OBSA-036 (06-01-17) Bond Counsel Services Quint and Thimmig LLP
- Resolution OBSA-037 (06-01-17) Fiscal Consultant Services Fraser and Assoc
- Resolution OBSA-038 (08-31-17) Refunding Bonds Issuance
- Resolution OBSA-039 (01-23-18) Admin Budget 7-1-18 to 6-30-19
- Resolution OBSA-040 (01-23-18) ROPS 7-1-18 to 6-30-19
- Housing Successor Annual Report FY 2017-2018
Interim Finance Director/Treasurer