- CITY SERVICES
- +CITY PROJECTS
- RFPs & Construction Bids
- La Colonia Park Master Plan
- Lomas Santa Fe Corridor Improvement Project
- Marine Safety Center Upgrade
- Neighborhood Traffic Management Program
- Playground Renovation Project
- Safe Routes To School
- Shoreline Project (Sand Replenishment)
- Glenmont Pocket Park
- Santa Helena Neighborhood Trail
- +PERMITS, LICENSES & RENTALS
- +RESIDENT SERVICES
- -ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
Climate Action Plan
The City adopted a Climate Action Plan (CAP) in 2017 setting an ambitious target to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from City activities by 50% below 2010 levels by 2035. The latest SANDAG GHG inventory completed in 2018 shows that the City has already reduced emissions by 40%.
In 2020, City Council updated the Climate Adaptation Chapter (Chapter 4) to incorporate the latest adaptation research and recommendations as well as to introduce environmental justice considerations.
The City anticipates revising its Climate Action Plan in 2022.
Climate Action Plan Update
The City is now in the process of updating its Climate Action Plan. The City, and its Climate Action Commission, held the first public workshop on April 19th, 2023, and plans to hold at least two more in the coming months. Please check back here for those dates when they are finalized.
We welcome and encourage as much community participation as possible as we update this extremely important Plan!